Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eat, drink and be crabby!

Ever since we have been together, Matt and I take yearly a trip down to Ocean City, MD. It is actually ironic that we both have a connection to this tourist destination but I will get to that in a minute. Ocean City is such a great spot to visit and we have friends who live near the Delaware beaches so even more of a reason to go down there! We love to hang at the beach, go shopping, walk the boardwalk, eat the infamous Thrasher's french fries, as well Fisher's popcorn, go out for fresh crabs and seafood and the list goes on.

Ok now for the quick side story…when Matt and I first met out in Vegas, he asked me where I went to college and my quick response was, "A small school, I am sure you've never heard of it." Now Matt is from the west coast and not many people out there have heard of the small east coast school I went to but he said, "Try me." I told him Salisbury University and he confirmed that yup, he had heard of it and he knew the area very well! Score! Not only did he know the area but he spent many a summer down there with his grandparents - so yeah he probably knows it better than I do! (For those of you who STILL haven't heard of Salisbury University, it is on the eastern side of Maryland, about 30 minutes from Ocean City.) So every time we go down we always reminisce and visit our favorite attractions. We HAVE to go to the boardwalk and usually wander aimlessly with french fries in our hands and huge smiles plastered on our faces. Matt and I are always amused at how NOTHING has changed there and that is why we love it so much. Some of the neon signs on the look like they are from the 70's and some of the rides look even older!

OC is the ultimate playland for adults and kids! There are tons of fun bars that I have been going to since my college days and plenty of yummy places for crabs like Waterman's and Old Mill. I am not much of a crab person but Matt is so we always hit up one of our favorite spots. Don't get me wrong, I do like crabs but just hate all the work that goes into getting them open!

We had a great time and I wanted to share some photos from our trip. We made a mess at Old Mill Crab House in Ocean City and I thought it made for interesting pictures. We went with two sets of friends and their kids and boy did we get our hands dirty! The girls got peel and eat shrimp and the guys got all you can eat crabs! Sorry in advance for so many photos but I couldn't help myself and love shooting freely like this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beers and bottles...lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a mess! The guys' hands were actually pruney from hours of cracking crabs open!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The aftermath...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later on, Matt and I went to walk the boardwalk. I love taking pictures down here - I cannot wait to look at them in 20 years from now and see how/if anything changes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best french fries in the world...Thrasher's

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of the signs that has not changed in 30 years. By the way...what is up with the bananas that look like pickles!?!?

Photobucket

Happy times

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rides...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Trendy Treehouse


1 comment:

  1. You are an incredibly talented photographer, I'm so excited to follow you! :)

    Stop by if you get a chance: janetdillonrobinson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete