Monday, September 13, 2010

A Vintage Firetruck!

Jaime and Billy. They are both volunteer firefighters on Long Island. They work in neighboring fire departments and met at Christmas party at his firehouse. They were married on August 28, 2010 and he used this family vintage firetruck to take him and the groomsmen to the ceremony. I was there to capture it all and loved every minute of it! This is why I love photography - it is always something different and it just keeps getting more and more interesting!

I have known Jaime since elementary school and was so excited that her and Billy hired me to take some photos of the guys getting ready and this 60+ year old firetruck. Billy comes from a family of firemen where his father, grandfather, uncle and two cousins have all volunteered at the same firehouse! As a matter of fact his grandfather was the previous owner of this 1942 Ahrens Fox Piston Pumper which was a one of a kind from it's time. It turns out the manufacturing company stopped making trucks between 1942 and 1946 because they had to focus on making parts for the war. This truck was the only one made during those years and later was named the "War Baby." This truck is now owned by Billy's uncle and he is also the owner of another vintage firetruck as well as a Ford Model-A chief's car!

I do have a secret love for vintage cars and trucks and I think I got this from my husband who makes me watch Barrett Jackson and Mecum classic car auctions. You know the ones where the guy talks a million miles a minute says seventy-thousand, seventy-five-thousand, seventy-six-thousand, seventy seventy blahbitty blahbity blahbity, going once, twice, sold sold sold! Yes those are constantly being DVRed and watched in my house…over and over again, lol. Well I guess they have grown on me and I now have a new found love for anything vintage and muscle cars, especially Camaros and Corvettes. My dream car would be a 1957 Corvette Convertible in Cascade Green - so dreamy. Anyway my point here is that it was so cool to see this vintage firetruck in person and learn about the history of it! It is something I definitely have an interest in and feel honored to have photographed it as well as three generations of firemen.

Congrats to Jaime and Billy on your wedding - you had a beautiful day and the lighting was oh-so-awesome. I am sure your reception at East Wind was nothing short of amazing and I cannot wait to hear all about it. Much luck and love to you guys.

Also I will continue the contest I have been running - if we can get 10 comments from different people in the comment section on this post in the next 2 weeks, I will gift Jaime and Billy a 5×7 photo of their choice!


Photobucket

Photobucket

By the way, these photos were all taken in his parents' backyard - can we say AMAZING?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the beauty...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And it is time to go..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment