Thursday, September 3, 2009

Elise & PJ's Beach Wedding | Long Island, NY

My dear friend Elise was married in August and low and behold she asked me to photograph her luau themed wedding! I was so honored to do this and very excited too! The ceremony and reception were held on the north shore of Long Island at the Pavilion at Sunken Meadow. PJ is a fireman and was able to borrow the fire truck for some fun portraits! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of capturing this special day and I hope she is equally as happy with the results! These two are so in love and were all smiles the entire day. This is one of the reasons I love wedding photography - it makes me smile all day as well!

The luau theme seemed to go over very well with the guests! People were decked out in Hawaiian shirts and flip flops and really enjoyed being comfy. As a result, everyone really let their hair down and had a blast on the dance floor! The food served was buffet and let me say it was THE BEST buffet I have ever had - where else would you get full lobsters as your entree? There was also options for seconds, which my husband and I most certainly took advantage of because we love to eat - haha!

My friend Leslie was hired to shoot the reception portion of the wedding so I could relax and hang out. However I kept my camera very close because I couldn't bare to miss the fun shots that were happening all around me!

Here are a TON of my favorites from the day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first dance was sizzling hot, but also flirty and romantic! Think waltz meets rumba meets cha cha meets tango! It was choreographed by the lovely Margo who was also in attendance that night and said they practiced hard they "nailed it!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

The parents of the bride were very happy with the menu!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you have been to the Boardy Barn in Hampton Bays, you know what this is about!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great shots!! It looks like they had a really fun wedding. I love the beach shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots girl! Keep going!! You def have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete